Free Hotel Reservation Database & Prevent double booking using simple SQL

Hotel reservation database. Uses SQL to query rooms available / room availability & prevents double booking

Background: Created in Microsoft Access this is a relational database
normalized to the third normal form. Hotel Reservation (booking)
Database system made in using some basic SQL and Visual Basic (VB). This was a project for my AVCE ICT Course (Unit 6) which I completed in 2006. For this project I achieved an A.

This hotel reservation database could be useful for anyone studying an ICT course such as

• AVCE ICT
  • A Level, A/S Level
  • BTEC etc
  • or anyone wanting to produce a hotel reservation database.

This database is a working example of a simple hotel reservation system and was made
using Microsoft Access. A relational database and sql for some of the queries. It
can used as a Hotel Database template, and easily be modified.

Originally, this was created for my AVCE ICT Unit 6 Database
coursework and the documentation for that is included.

Some of the Hotel Reservation Database features:

• Check for room availability for a range of days (SQL queries )
  • Create, Edit & Delete Bookings / Customer / Card Details
  • Print various reports for cleaners
  • Prevent double booking
  • Prevent rooms being booked when it is closed (if required)
  • Graphical User Interface (GUI)

The Full version consists of the database file (.mdb), the original technical documentation produced for the AVCE ICT coursework.

This database can be adapted to suit your needs,you cannot however re-distribute (free or otherwise) it without my permission! IT /ICT students Please do not hand it in as if it was your own  – it’s cheating!

why does it cost? I believe the price is reasonable to minimize advertising! the payment just  goes towards the web hosting of this site; bandwidth costs!

Download the Hotel Database

Download Demo

The Demo (free version) is just a demonstration of what the database can do. There
is no access to the design view of the database, and cannot be edited. This is in an .mde
file, and requires Microsoft Access 2003
Download hotel database demo (.zip) – 3.6MB

Download Hotel Database (Full)

Download the Full Hotel Database (.zip) – FREE! sorry, but I can’t offer any support for it as I no-longer have enough free time.

Screenshots

[flickr-gallery mode="photoset" photoset="72157608790967813"]

If you can’t see the images in the gallery above, please see:

Tags: , , , , ,

25 Responses to “Free Hotel Reservation Database & Prevent double booking using simple SQL”

1. TomDecember 27, 2008 at 17:51 #

Could you send me an email with your full contact information so that I may get in touch with you? We are looking to gain access to a complete hotel database that contains both domestic and international hotels.
    Thanks!

• cheOctober 7, 2010 at 12:42 #

kindly pass the codes for these hotel reservation . thnx

2. JoeJune 2, 2009 at 05:06 #

I would like to buy the full version. Please email me and let me know the cost and where to paypal the amount.

3. Juan ValdezJune 27, 2009 at 22:03 #

I want to get the full version. What Do we need to do? How to pay for it?

• adminJune 28, 2009 at 16:46 #

Hi Juan, You can download the full version of the database using the link at the bottom of the page, but please use a valid email because it gets sent to that address

cheers,

Alex

4. Tatiana SoaresJuly 20, 2010 at 02:54 #

Hello dear,

I am having great difficulty designing a hotel database for one of my courses. I have’t used Access much and am completely clueless.
    Please, if you could send me how to design one or a copy of your template I appreaciate.

• alexAugust 20, 2010 at 08:01 #

The documentation in the ‘full’ version is what I produced for my A-level course work, which describes how I created the database…

• DebraNovember 5, 2010 at 03:52 #

Am working on a database for a summer bunkhouse, I am a true believer of not recreating the wheel. If the program is not working could you at least let me purchase the documentation that might help me save hours of work.

Thanks in advance

5. james robinsonAugust 13, 2010 at 03:40 #

I would like to download database, I have one but I cannot dump the information or I wish I was able to use it from year to year as many of the attendees would transfer from year to year

6. najaf sadiqAugust 24, 2010 at 22:23 #

please could you tell me how I can purchase the full version as soon as possible
    Many thanks

7. najaf sadiqAugust 24, 2010 at 22:24 #

Please could you tell me how I can purchase the full copy as soon as possible.
    Thankyou

8. natalieNovember 8, 2010 at 22:06 #

WOW amazing work !!!!! i was thinking of making a hotel reservation db like this bt the problem is i have to use oracle as a back end ….. does your project supports that ??? and please please can u snd me the database design PLEEEAAASSSEEEE :((((

• alexNovember 23, 2010 at 16:22 #

sadly not, it uses access as a backend – you may be able to convert access databases to oracle database but that is a lot of work! (It may be better to build from scratch if you’re wanting to use oracle as backend!)

9. SpeedJanuary 4, 2012 at 13:55 #

You are wonderful person. I just need the Idea of your work because my database if for another system, but you can modify as for Hotel’s. Now i know how to make look an hotel system because of your unselfish work. Thank you!

10. McNealJanuary 24, 2012 at 13:26 #

can I please have the source code?

• Alex CooperApril 19, 2012 at 10:15 #

Hi McNeal, Yes! :-) I’ve fixed the download link

11. MarthissaMay 11, 2012 at 12:05 #

Hey! I am working on an assignment and would need the source codes, as I use a Mac, I cannot open it..

12. sharonMay 17, 2012 at 13:07 #

pls i am doing a project on hotel booking using microsoft access, I need the query codings on how to show that a room is available or not at a particular time.

13. William HallOctober 11, 2012 at 09:23 #

I am also work in hotel reservation database using Access. Thanks for giving me the information.

14. student31296November 29, 2012 at 02:43 #

Hi. So we were tasked to make a laboratory reservation system (using Access Database and Visual Basic) for our project. I have two problems:
    1. We’re supposed to include the classes that are scheduled in each laboratory in our database. How do we make the class schedules repeat for each week?
    2. How do we avoid data redundancy? Like in situations where a user would make a reservation on a particular date and a particular laboratory room where there are classes already scheduled in it. How do we warn the user that that particular date and room is not available?
    We REALLY need your help. thankyou. :)

15. PaulDecember 11, 2012 at 15:10 #

Hi, i am working on a task about hotel databases and I would appreciate if i could get the full version as the link on the page would only give me a view-only version and cannot add or delete any records

Thanks

16. monicaApril 8, 2013 at 02:52 #

HI, thank you very much for sharing this! As a spanish speaker with english skills and always trying to selfteaching a bunch of different things, I’m trying to translate the db into spanish. It worked ok until i found an error on the “Booking” table, datasheet view, “bookingID” column; when i click on the “+” symbol at the left. It says that there is a lost registry… thnx

17. NishaAugust 1, 2013 at 09:20 #

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the database, for i do not know about much creating hotel system and the components included!. :)

18. Peter JonesDecember 23, 2013 at 20:17 #

Can I get a full working version and how can I pay for it. I would like to help a lady who is running a small resort (6 apartments) in Port Vila Vanuatu. Her husband died a few months ago and she is struggling to complete the building of the resort and open up for business. She need a Hotel Booking system which is basic and not to expensive. I think your program is just what she needs.

Peter Jones